Rada / The Starter Gift Set
- Regular Paring, Vegetable Peeler, Tomato Slicer, Super Parer, 6" Bread Knife, Cook's Knife, Slicer
- High Carbon Surgical Quality Stainless Steel
- 100% USA Made, Lifetime Guarantee
Rada’s Starter Knife Gift Set comes with seven fantastic knives showcasing the finest Rada has to offer.
First is the Regular Paring, Rada’s top-selling knife. It features a 3 ½-inch blade that makes it ideal for a vast range of cutting tasks, ensuring it will be one of the most –used knives in your kitchen.
Then there’s the innovative Vegetable Peeler, a handy tool that with a dual-edged blade designed for use by both left and right-handed cooks.
Rada’s famous Tomato Slicer is a standout of the set. It has a dual-edged serrated blade that allows for easy, paper-thin cuts of tomato without squishing.
The Rada Super Parer is a paring knife ideal for when you prefer a larger blade. Its hand-sharpened blade makes cutting foods ranging from strawberries to potatoes a breeze.
The 6” Bread Knife features no-squish serrations to ensure flawless cuts of your favorite breads. From banana bread to bagels, you’ll find it works great on any bread that passes through your kitchen.
The Rada Cook’s Knife is made with the serious home cook in mind. The knife features a large blade that’s easy to handle without being intimidating, but also big enough for heavy-duty cutting tasks, such as quartering a chicken or dicing vegetables.
Rounding out the set is the classic Slicer, a knife Rada has been offering since 1948. This knife is there to slice family favorite meats such as a Thanksgiving turkey, a succulent pork loin, or a decadent prime rib. It’s even great when preparing larger fruits and vegetables such as cantaloupe and cabbage.
This set makes a lovely gift for weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, graduations, and just to show you care. All three products are American-made and backed by a Lifetime Guarantee.
(Hand Wash VS Dishwasher)
Hand washing all fine cutlery is the preferred method of cleaning because:
- Hand washing prevents unnecessary microscopic dings on the blades' cutting edge.
- Recent government mandated changes to phosphate-free dish washing detergents creates a harsh environment for metals - including stainless steel blades and in particular our silver brushed aluminum handles.
- Dishwashers have evolved to higher temperatures for cleansing and drying that are incompatible with fine cutlery.
Some customers choose to use the dishwasher with varying results depending on their detergent, water mineral composition and dishwasher. The combination of these factors affect the pace and degree of oxidation experienced.